Self-Brain Surgery is a regular newsletter about the complex interplay between faith and neuroscience, and how we can build more hopeful, resilient lives by using the brains God gave us in healthier ways.
SBS is emailed weekly for free to all subscribers. And there are extra newsletters, neuroscience articles, book reviews, videos, and Q&A sessions for paid subscribers.
Paid subscribers also get full access to my podcast (over 400 episodes, transcripts, supporter-only episodes and more), and my website. (Note: the podcast back catalog will be moving into Substack over time, a few episodes a week. There are always over 100 free episodes available wherever you listen to podcasts! My favorite place is Podbean.)
- Weekly prescriptions for using neuroscience to your advantage to calm your brain and enhance all aspects of your life
- Insights into how faith and science work together to help us navigate the hard parts of life
- Honest answers about dealing with grief and loss
- Early looks at my upcoming books and other projects
- Occasional pictures of my dogs!
You won’t have to worry about missing anything. Every new edition of the newsletter goes directly to your inbox to make sure your self-brain surgery practice is always cutting edge.
Self-Brain Surgeons Unite!
Be part of a community of people all around who are changing their minds and lives through the Biblical application of neuroscience I call self-brain surgery.